Forms of Prayer
As shared by the priest in the mass earlier.
Forms of prayer:
- Adoration Prayer/Prayer of Praise
- Manifested in prayers like Gloria in excelsis deo,
- Contrition Prayer
- Prayers related to penance and asking for forgiveness.
- Petition Prayer
- Prayers asking for things we desire.
- Thanksgiving Prayer
- It is said to be the prayer for the future because when we continuously give thanks, we receive more blessings. However, it is also the least used form of prayer.
The mass is the highest form of prayer and thanksgiving.
And so, thank you, Father God, for I was able to wake up early to attend today’s mass and learn these things. Your will be done.