Day 05: Your favorite comfort foods and why
But wait, according to Urban dictionary:
comfort food(n) Defined as food that gives emotional comfort to the one eating it, these tend to be favorite foods of childhood, or linked to a person, place or time with which the food has a positive association.
- Sayote – reminds me of home and keeps me grounded 🙂
- Potatoes (either plain boiled seasoned with salt, or cooked with egg as omelet) – this means we are having a break from the almost everyday viand that is sayote and we feel rich hahaha
- Sinigang – especially on rainy days! Craving for it now hehehe.
- Plain vegetables sautéed even in just oil and/or garlic – reminder of those simpler and healthier days hehehe.
- Fried bangus/tilapia – this reminds me of the times when mudra has extra budget and she was able to afford fish other than galunggong hehehe
- Boiled pork – for all those Canaos I attended when I was younger hence, had always had a take-out of boiled pork that we can mix with sayote 😀
- Pinikpikan – a staple in any Igorot gathering
- Chocolates – sarap!
- Cheetos – for stress eating days. Sabayan mo pa ng…
- Coke regular :-). Wag nang magpanggap sa light or zero 😛
Items 8, 9 and 10 are just reminders of the abundant blessings because I am now able to indulge in these, and other foods, once in a while.
Bakit mahirap ito? Or maybe because I am not the type who really keeps up with favorites and all hehehe.