2016 Goals: Year End Review
Before I forget all about my year end updates for my 2016 goals, here it goes.
Just like what most companies do where they have regular business reviews, I also like to have at least a mid-year and year-end review of the goals I made early this year, just to check how I am doing and ensure that I am still on track.
This year’s focus will be: chill, family, health, wealth.
- Completed! – as in done/finished
- On track – met as of time of review
- Not yet started – not yet started as of time of review
- Quite – met but there were deviations
- Not met – target not met
- Mid: Quite – There were stressful moments but I just kept quiet and pushed myself to just do whatever it is that needs to be done.
- End: Quite – It was more stressful at work when the 2nd half of the year rolled in so my patience and grace under pressure was really challenged. The good news is, I survived!!!! 😀 😀 😛
- Buy less, want less
- Mid: On track – All items bought were needed.
- End: On track – While I think I went overboard with shoes last year, I still did not overdo it, that’s for sure.
- Stick with financial budget for 2016. I made a new list specifically for my financial goals after posting my 2016 goals in January. I just feel that it’s more effective and more inspiring for me if I track my financial goals separately.
- Mid: Separate update here.
- End: Separate update to follow.
- Get additional income stream
- Mid: Not yet started
- End: Quite – I tried something recently but I’ll still see how it goes.
- Spend more time with family
- Mid: Quite – Spent some time with some siblings last Feb, to support my brother and his family since he lost his mother-in-law. Had a picnic at Burnham Park on Easter Sunday for my birthday celebration with family. No event in Q2.
- End: Completed! – there were meet ups during the 2nd half, plus we siblings all made the effort to at least spend time especially during the holidays.
- Get down to my ideal weight
- Mid: Negative. Pfffft!
- End: Negative. Another pfftttt! Admittedly, I excessively ate all kinds of junks especially during those stressful months at work.
- Start training for a marathon
- Mid: I am not sure about this anymore.
- End: I am still not sure about this at this time.
- Push with Japan Travel
- Mid: On track – Return tickets bought, accommodations booked.
- End: Completed! – read all about our Japan adventures here!
- Go back to school
- Mid: Not yet started – Still undecided.
- End: Not met – Things got crazy at work and that time, I thought that it was a wise decision to not take on too much as my stress levels were at its highest.
- Become an early riser
- Mid: Quite – I have been forcing myself to sleep earlier in recent weeks so that I can wake up earlier. I try as much as I can to sleep by 12 AM, 1 AM at the most so that I can wake up at 7 AM, after 6-7 hours of sleep.
- End: Quite – It really depends on what time I finish at work.
- Journal more
- Mid: On track – My total posts to date are already more than my total posts for the whole year at least for the past 5 years.
- End: Completed! – The fact that I completed my monthly updates for 52 weeks was already a guarantee that I was able to meet this.
4/11 – completed/on track
4/11 – quite
3/11 – not met
Thank you, 2016. Looking forward to my adventures for 2017.