What’s Cooking: Steamed Beans
- I did not follow any recipe. I just combined what I read from several sources.
- I just boiled the beans and sauteed it after on butter and garlic.
- And here’s the most important information I learned. Boiling vegetables should only be until 6 minutes. The moment you go beyond this, it’s already overcooked, hence the natural color changes to a less appetizing one.
- Given above, what I did (because I still did not have the steamer at that time) was to first bring the water to a boil before putting the beans in the pot. I also timed it to boil for only 5 minutes. Yes, I used an alarm so that it’s accurate.
- After 5 minutes, I just drained the water, gathered the beans into one side of the pan so that I could saute the garlic in butter for a few minutes. After that, I mixed the beans with the butter. I also seasoned it with a bit of salt and done.
I just usually pair it with fish or chicken and some fruits if I feel like eating fruits. I did not make the rellenong bangus. I just bought it from the grocery.