2017 Week 39: A Grateful Heart
September 18-24, 2017
Last week, Friday to be exact, was a very happy one! Some of us attended a company event last Friday. This has been a yearly event for about 5-6 years now. I am not fond of attending events like this but I know I NEED to attend so off I went. Who would have thought that last Friday would be very different from the previous events.
Why? Here’s my long list of the happy moments just for that day!
- Getting made up by a friend for the Friday grind. She volunteered to do my and another friend’s make up for the event. There’s no need actually, but for a change, I graciously accepted when she volunteered hehehe.
- Spending time with some team members and friends
- Listening to the executives’ speeches
- Seeing our projects in the big screens
- Giving our best shot at the big idea competition. We did not win but that’s fine.
- Free hotel food.
- Bluetooth speaker as a freebie.
- Meeting some colleagues in person after months of talking to them on the phone.
- After party where I tried 3 different drinks hehehehe
- Our boss’s pendulum and hele moment. Not once but twice!!! This was so hilarious! 😀 😀 😀
- Learning from the team that our post implementation testers have finally signed off because all bugs have been addressed. Whew!
- Getting a box of Ferrero chocolates hidden under the chair I sat on! It’s yours if you found it. I shared this with the team who were left on their own last Friday to continue the implementation hehehe.
- Winning an iPhone X which I’ll be able to get once these gadgets land in PH. Yes, I won a major price!!!!!! After years of not being lucky in raffles, I won. I really won this time! 😀 😀 😀
- But the best of them all?! Getting a hug and a kiss from Papa Mike (VP of APAC, my crush since nene days hahahahaha) when I went on stage for the obligatory photo op for winning the iPhone. Jeskelord! Waaaahhhhhh!!! 😛 😀
I still cannot believe it. I spent most of last weekend reliving all the events last Friday hahahahaha! Haaayyyyy! TYL!
↑The project we recently implemented!
↑This was the moment he said that the winner was from our team and there I was, still busy taking the best shot of him on screen. Moments later, I heard him say my name! I won!!!! 😀 😀 😀
It was so timely that the sermon last Sunday was about grace moments. Pag na-experience daw natin yun, unang-una, natutulala tayo because it is so unexpected. It is God working. We just “created” the environment for it to happen. Ganyang-ganyan nga ang na-experience ko last Friday. Grace moment. Na of course, hindi ko ma-eexperience IF hindi ako nagpunta!
Have a great week ahead.