Aka I am old LOL.
Seventeen years ago, I braved the streets of Manila to look for a job. During job hunting (which did not take long, thank God), up to my first month of working, I was commuting daily to my brother’s family’s home in Tagaytay. It was far and my commute usually lasts for 3 hours. The moment I received my first salary, I looked for a bed space to rent. Luckily, I was able to find one that’s walking distance to the office. And since then, I just visit them when I get the chance.
My brother has two kids, one in college and the other in high school. The college kid is now having his OJT here in Manila. He’s staying with me now, hence the title hehehe. He will be done around 2nd week of July. Their school required them to apply in BPO so they had to look outside of Tagaytay. Lucky for him as his office is near the apartment. I pray that this experience will prepare him better for the real world.
In relation to this, he was supposed to be with a friend. I already told him that it’s ok for his friend to stay at home but only a maximum of 2 as my studio apartment is not big. However, his friend can’t make it because of lack of funds for tuition and allowances. Their group of friends even raised funds up to half of his tuition but then there are other expenses to consider so he did not push through with his enrollment. It breaks my heart. I wish I can help but I am on a limited budget for my own needs too, plus of course there’s my nephew to help. But I hope the kid doesn’t give up given this little hiccup.
To all the students who are nearing the finish line to college, I wish you well. Enjoy the ride, learn all that you can in school and just make it a habit to do your best. And best of luck when you venture out into the after-school life.
FOJ – First of June
June…yung totoo. Paano nangyaring June na? Bakit parang ang bilis bilis bilis ng paglipas ng oras?
Anyway…random things and thoughts and stuff
- A busy workday is one of my happy pills. I forgot it for a while kasi mas nangibabaw ang negative feelings but I’m glad I’m feeling it again. Nakaka haggard minsan pero mas masarap pa rin yung alam mong marami kang natapos na trabaho in a day
- My teammate said she tries to read at least 3 books a week. Not the romance or chic-lit or suspense types but more on personal finance. Astig. Magaya nga.
- My other teammate said he joined a contest last year sponsored by Google. It’s Google’s way of supporting start ups. He and his group won and the province will help in setting up the company. He has not yet worked on it for several reasons. Sayang. Sana he changes his mind and see if he can handle both work and the company kahit pakonti konti lang
- I saw a headline that some big corporation will be buying corn from cooperatives. Opportunity! Magtanim na ng mais! I hope they do target the small farmers para naman may chance ang mga kapatid namin sa hanapbuhay na mas mapaunlad ang buhay nila.
- I am closely working with the boss of the boss now. While I know that everything I do will be scrutinized, I am looking forward to the lessons that I will learn from leaders in higher management. Deadma na if masabon hahaha.
- It’s officially the rainy season. I am glad that temperature will be cooler now but I pray that there will be no heavy typhoons to hit the country. Awat na muna please.
- I am sad for what’s happening in Marawi. Why can’t the world just strive to live in peace? Why? I don’t know. I’m confused.
- Long weekend coming up…need to reserve tickets. Can’t wait to go home again.
- The jade plants I bought last May died. Huhu. Is it me or the weather or were the plants just newly transplanted when I bought them? I’ll try in Baguio. Maybe they’ll like the Baguio weather more.
- Nawawala na talaga ang ID ko. Nalaglag nga ata sa nasakyan ko last Tuesday ng madaling araw. Bangag na kasi ako non. Di ko na natanggal eh clip ang gamit ko so nakasabit lang sa pants pocket. Actually, due for new picture taking na kami kasi nagpalit ng branding last year. Pero ayaw ko pa yun ilet go sana. Nene pa kasi ako sa picture ko sa ID na yun…at payat hahaha!
Malapit na ako sa office. Until next session.
Pero yung totoo. Bakit talaga June na?
Update 1 here.
After paying last April 27, I got a call from the PLDT vendor in charge of installation last April 29 informing me that they were already in the area. I was not home at that time so I requested them to just come back on the morning of May 3. But no one came.
On May 4 afternoon, another PLDT personnel informed me that they were at my place because it was what was scheduled for me as per their records. I told them that I specifically requested for a morning installation because I am out in the afternoon. Hence, it was rescheduled yet again to May 5. I repeated several times that it has to be in the morning.
I was expecting a quick installation because as per my friend’s experience, it only took them less than 2 hours. However, it took them almost 8 hours to complete the job! I am not sure of the exact details but they had a lot of issues.
- Upon arrival, they will tell you that their first activity will be to survey the area first. I don’t understand why they don’t do this prior installation or even prior approval just to save time.
- They had to look for the main box somewhere near the area. I asked them why they did not have that prior. I can’t remember why but I told them that for sure, PLDT has a record of their main boxes, especially in areas like Ortigas Center and they should not have a hard time locating it. But no, they had to roam around the close by streets to look for it. Naloka talaga ako dito pramis.
- They asked me if there was already a conduit wiring in my place. Di ko naman alam di ba. After inspection, there was none. And this is something that electricians do. It’s not PLDT’s scope of work. Ganon pala yun. And so I had to call our building administrator to request for one. Luckily, the electricians were available at that time and they were able to setup the wiring. Basta ito yung wire that connects to a PLDT box din outside the building. So, if your house is not yet ready, better have the conduit wiring in place before PLDT’s installation. Otherwise, sayang ang oras.
- They provide their own modem, which you can pay 1 time or add around Php 109.00 on top of your monthly bill.
But after all the hiccups, internet is back at home, finally! I felt really happy hahaha! And I realized that while I know can live without a DSL connection, I’m happier with one hehehehe.
I didn’t know this comes with a free landline. I felt funny hehehe. Let’s see how often I will use this. So far, my friend has used hers for food delivery. I’m not sharing it yet as I don’t see the need. Maybe later.
The phone and WIFI modem
Conversation with my friend hehe. But it’s true! I wish we had a land line when I was still in school!
April 28 is a special holiday in Metro Manila due to the ASEAN summit. May 1 is also a holiday, making this another long weekend!
I reported to work early today because my ticket reservation is at 2 PM.
There are a few errands this long break. I brought home some work too but that’s fine.
I had baby back ribs and red velvet cake for dinner earlier this evening at Vizco’s, before heading home.
Soft, juicy and flavorful baby back ribs! Php 245.00 if I remember correctly.
Red velvet cake this time. Yummy too! Between Php 90.00-110.00.
Thank you Lord for a flexible work schedule which allows me to come home earlier.
Please guide the ASEAN country leaders as they get together for the summit. May they find common grounds for a peaceful relationship towards building a progressive nation. Amen.
As I mentioned here, I applied for a PLDT myDSL Internet last Saturday. I availed Plan 1299 with 3Mbps but unlimited data volume. This is similar to my friend and she says it’s fast.
I received a text message from PLDT yesterday informing me of my account number and that I need to pay the initial fee of Php 2,300.00 as I opted for a one-time payment for the installation and WIFI modem.
Since I am too lazy to go out and look for a PLDT office or bayad center, I called their customer service hotline to inquire if I can pay via online banking. The agent said yes, hence, Php 2,300.00 paid.
Now waiting for their next update. I think it will already be installation. However, it’s a long weekend so maybe that will be by next week already.