September 18-24, 2017
Last week, Friday to be exact, was a very happy one! Some of us attended a company event last Friday. This has been a yearly event for about 5-6 years now. I am not fond of attending events like this but I know I NEED to attend so off I went. Who would have thought that last Friday would be very different from the previous events.
Why? Here’s my long list of the happy moments just for that day!
- Getting made up by a friend for the Friday grind. She volunteered to do my and another friend’s make up for the event. There’s no need actually, but for a change, I graciously accepted when she volunteered hehehe.
- Spending time with some team members and friends
- Listening to the executives’ speeches
- Seeing our projects in the big screens
- Giving our best shot at the big idea competition. We did not win but that’s fine.
- Free hotel food.
- Bluetooth speaker as a freebie.
- Meeting some colleagues in person after months of talking to them on the phone.
- After party where I tried 3 different drinks hehehehe
- Our boss’s pendulum and hele moment. Not once but twice!!! This was so hilarious! 😀 😀 😀
- Learning from the team that our post implementation testers have finally signed off because all bugs have been addressed. Whew!
- Getting a box of Ferrero chocolates hidden under the chair I sat on! It’s yours if you found it. I shared this with the team who were left on their own last Friday to continue the implementation hehehe.
- Winning an iPhone X which I’ll be able to get once these gadgets land in PH. Yes, I won a major price!!!!!! After years of not being lucky in raffles, I won. I really won this time! 😀 😀 😀
- But the best of them all?! Getting a hug and a kiss from Papa Mike (VP of APAC, my crush since nene days hahahahaha) when I went on stage for the obligatory photo op for winning the iPhone. Jeskelord! Waaaahhhhhh!!! 😛 😀
I still cannot believe it. I spent most of last weekend reliving all the events last Friday hahahahaha! Haaayyyyy! TYL!
↑The project we recently implemented!
↑This was the moment he said that the winner was from our team and there I was, still busy taking the best shot of him on screen. Moments later, I heard him say my name! I won!!!! 😀 😀 😀
It was so timely that the sermon last Sunday was about grace moments. Pag na-experience daw natin yun, unang-una, natutulala tayo because it is so unexpected. It is God working. We just “created” the environment for it to happen. Ganyang-ganyan nga ang na-experience ko last Friday. Grace moment. Na of course, hindi ko ma-eexperience IF hindi ako nagpunta!
Have a great week ahead.
Why is it more expensive this time?!
What I Spent
↑The pears were on buy one-get one promo. The first of the 4 pieces tastes fresh so far. I hope it’s the same with the rest.
↑I’m trying a vegetable smoothie for breakfast this week, hence the greens and fruits. The smoked bangus belly is the most expensive this week. I was not able to correctly identify the tag prize because there were a lot of tag prices in the freezer! But I hope the taste is worth it. I think the chicken and fish can also last until mid next week.
Healthy Options for flax seeds (not in the picture) – 245.00
Supermarket – 1,456.94
Sunday’s total is 1,701.94.
September 2: Php 526.28
September 9: Php 608.18
September 10: Php 1,333.15
September 24: 1,701.94
Total September spending: Php 4,169.55
I find it too expensive still. On the upside, some of the items (ex. condiments, flax seeds) are not part of a weekly purchase. Plus, that’s for 3 meals and some afternoon snacks already. If I get the average per meal (90 meals in a month, excluding snack), that’s about 46.33 per meal this month. In all fairness, I don’t recall buying food outside during weekdays since I started cooking. But still expensive I guess? Nuninuninuninu.
However, this does not include the eating out expenses hahaha! I have a separate budget for that and it’s usually for the rare weekends that I meet up with friends.
- I did not follow any recipe. I just combined what I read from several sources.
- I just boiled the beans and sauteed it after on butter and garlic.
- And here’s the most important information I learned. Boiling vegetables should only be until 6 minutes. The moment you go beyond this, it’s already overcooked, hence the natural color changes to a less appetizing one.
- Given above, what I did (because I still did not have the steamer at that time) was to first bring the water to a boil before putting the beans in the pot. I also timed it to boil for only 5 minutes. Yes, I used an alarm so that it’s accurate.
- After 5 minutes, I just drained the water, gathered the beans into one side of the pan so that I could saute the garlic in butter for a few minutes. After that, I mixed the beans with the butter. I also seasoned it with a bit of salt and done.
I just usually pair it with fish or chicken and some fruits if I feel like eating fruits. I did not make the rellenong bangus. I just bought it from the grocery.
September 11-17, 2017
Testing is completed and we’re off to implementation. This is such a relief after all that we had to deal with at the start of the project. Whew!
I went to BDO last Monday because I received a text saying that my ATM was blocked because I may have used it in a compromised machine. My ATM card had to be replaced. Buti na lang free. But I will only get the replacement card after 5 banking days. Ang tagal. Parang 3 days lang ito dati ah. Tsk. I also had to update my information by filling up forms. Required by BSP raw yun.
I met with 2 of my closest friends at work last Saturday. We used to go out frequently when we were younger. But so seldom these days hahahaha. All of us just prefer to stay home and spend time with our ow selves hehehe. Ganyan talaga siguro pag tumatanda nyahahahaha.
We went to Green Pastures at Shangri-la for dinner. It’s a farm to table type of restaurant. I ordered their ultimate lasagna. This is made of 3 cheese, roasted carrot puree and vegan mushrooms. It doesn’t have meat but still tasty and heavy.
I was also able to taste their caesar kale salad and garlic soup. Both are good. Average price per person is around Php 700.00. Medyo expensive lang hehe.
↑ Green Pastures’ Ultimate lasagna!
We transferred to Starbucks for coffee (and tea for me) because we need more time of catching up hehe. We called it a night at almost 1 AM. Bitin pa pero inaantok na kaming lahat hahaha.
I just stayed at home on Sunday and binge watched in Netflix. Taking advantage while it’s still free! Hahaha.
No weekend cooking since I still have some leftover which I think is enough this week. Sana.
Have a great week ahead.
Some ongoing projects for the sala. Again, these are all being worked on by my brother on his free time.
My 3-seater sofa. I still need to look for a shop that does upholstery for the sofa’s foams. My brother said Mandaue Foam is already in Baguio! Need to check if they do customized sofa foams.
My side table. This still needs treatment so that it won’t be infested by termites. Then I’ll have it varnished. Maybe I’ll just retain the original wood color. No need for tinting color. Let’s see. The round block of wood was given to me by an uncle some years ago. I thought of using it as a table in the terrace but I think it’s a good side table too. The irregular shapes add character to it.
- Dining Table and Chairs