Goals for December:
- 10,000 steps a day or total of 310,000 steps for the month
- Read 2 books (at least 1 non-romance book)
- Maximum of 15 Uber rides
- Declutter clothes cabinet
- Review 2015 financial goals
- Prepare 2016 financial and non-financial goals
- Draft a simple plan for an online shop
- Cover the books
- Complete The Project Management: The Basics for Success course at Coursera.org and pass the weekly exams
- Clean the yard at the Sayote Kingdom
Items 8 to 10 are spillovers from November, which I need to complete. Will report progress by end of December :).
On another note, December is really truly here! Got my first gift from a friend this evening. She was so early in giving gifts :p. The first week of Kris Kringle in the office was also last night. So I brought home two gifts, both I liked, both tied in a red ribbon :).
Which reminds me…I need to put up my super tiny 7 year old Christmas tree! Ok, this week.
Are your Christmas trees already up? 🙂
Update on my goals for November 2015 (November went by so quickly!)
- 10,000 steps a day or total of 300,000 steps for the month – FAILED (92.99% completed, an improvement from October’s 81.15%)
- Read 2 books (at least 1 non-romance book) – FAILED (read 2 books but both romance hehehe)
- Maximum of 15 Uber rides (applicable both for going to work and going home from work/grocery) – SUCCESS!
- Cover the books – FAILED (Ran out of plastic cover. Few more pieces to go)
- Declutter book shelf – SUCCESS! (All books and magazines to be brought home already in a box. Thinking of the cheapest way to bring them home hehehe)
- Complete The Project Management: The Basics for Success course at Coursera.org and pass the weekly exams – FAILED (Will complete it this December)
- Attend a seminar on personal finance – SUCCESS! (Attended the Fundamental Analysis and Technical Analysis webinars offered by PSE scheduled last November 6 and 13, 2015)
- Start planning for December calendar (non-work related events to attend to, not that there’s a lot but I just want to ensure that I do/accept those that are relevant to me) – QUITE (While I would like to stick to the 2 events I’ve committed to date, there may be other events that I need to attend. As of now, I have to decline an invite to a friend’s wedding because of conflicts in schedule with family affairs.)
- Clean the yard at the Sayote Kingdom – QUITE (Was able to start during the APEC holidays but not enough free hours to finish it all. Will continue this December)
Still many reds than greens but it’s okay. At least there are still green items.
Day 1 today.
Different terms used to call the 9 novena masses before Christmas.
- Simbang gabi – because it happens during night time
- Misa de Gallo – gallo means rooster so this means mass of the rooster. Most roosters crow at the crack of dawn, the same time when the mass happens, hence the term.
- Misa de Aguinaldo – aguinaldo means gift and the gift of the season is Jesus Christ.
The novena masses are in preparation for the celebration of Jesus’ birthday.
There is no exact record in history as to when this started but it is believed that it started in the 18th century.
Good to know.
…are things that I could not afford or don’t have to get at the moment. But as Paulo Coelho quotes—“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it” thus I’m placing this out in the open hoping that maybe someday in the future, Mother universe will finally conspire and grant me these! 🙂
But most importantly, HOPE for our brothers and sisters in Mindanao who were affected by Typhoon Sendong.
She’s all mine :). Claimed it the day before Christmas.
Love their slogan. Looking forward to filling it up with a lot of memories for those third places.