A friend shared the photo above in his Facebook timeline and I did not hesitate to buy a ticket because it is a fund raising concert which will support the ministries of Cenacle Sisters. I’m sure it will be a lovely night because the concert goers will be serenaded by Basil Valdez, Noel Cabangon, Hangad and Himig Heswita, Bukas Palad Music Ministry, Ateneo Chamber Singers and the Cenacle Sisters themselves!
It’s happening tomorrow, September 26, 2015 starting at 6:00 PM at the B.F. Rooker Auditorium, St. Paul College, Pasig City.
Tickets are available at the following:
- Tanging Yaman Kiosk – 5F SM Megamall
- Tanging Yaman Store – Ateneo de Manila University
- Cenacle Retreat House – 59 Nicanor Reyes Street, Varsity Hills Subdivision, Loyola Heights, QC (Tel. #s: 0947-194394/0917-9932204/Jesuit Communications – 426-5971 local 113)
Ticket prices (free seating within each section):
- Upper Box – Php 300.00
- Balcony – Php 500.00
- Orchestra – Php 1,000.00
- Loge – Php 2,000.00
Side story: The Cenacle Retreat House was my refuge when I was hit by depression in 2014 (more on this in another post). I spent several days there last September 2014 to break away for a while from the reality that I had back then. After that personal retreat, I came out more hopeful that things will become better eventually. Going to this concert then is just a small way of giving back and saying my thanks to that community. Also, Sr. Susay who was my retreat master last year, will be singing so all the more that I want to go! 🙂
All set for the concert!
As shared by the priest in the mass earlier.
Forms of prayer:
- Adoration Prayer/Prayer of Praise
- Manifested in prayers like Gloria in excelsis deo,
- Contrition Prayer
- Prayers related to penance and asking for forgiveness.
- Petition Prayer
- Prayers asking for things we desire.
- Thanksgiving Prayer
- It is said to be the prayer for the future because when we continuously give thanks, we receive more blessings. However, it is also the least used form of prayer.
The mass is the highest form of prayer and thanksgiving.
And so, thank you, Father God, for I was able to wake up early to attend today’s mass and learn these things. Your will be done.
Day 1 today.
Different terms used to call the 9 novena masses before Christmas.
- Simbang gabi – because it happens during night time
- Misa de Gallo – gallo means rooster so this means mass of the rooster. Most roosters crow at the crack of dawn, the same time when the mass happens, hence the term.
- Misa de Aguinaldo – aguinaldo means gift and the gift of the season is Jesus Christ.
The novena masses are in preparation for the celebration of Jesus’ birthday.
There is no exact record in history as to when this started but it is believed that it started in the 18th century.
Good to know.
My heart is not at peace today and for the past few days. I’m sorry yet again. I’m weak and I’m confused. But please, help me get through this day with as much productivity as possible, I beg you. Also, I humbly ask for your guidance on how to deal with my current issues, at least the 3 major ones.
Thank you for Mama Mary’s visit today and for the rest of the week in my humble home. I am honored to be her host. Thank you for the parishioners for insisting. Coincidence or not, it was timely, with what’s going on lately.
Lastly, thank you still for the endless blessings.
Thank you Father God for a smashing, eventful, challenging 2009. Thank you for your guidance and protection. I would not have made it through without you. Praise be thy name.
As 2010 unfolds, let me seek once again for Your guidance so that every decision I’ll make will be in favor of Your will. I offer everything to you. I am ready and willing to become an instrument of your love and grace. And hopefully, you’ll grant me my wish this year. 😉
Lastly, I humbly ask You to bless all my loved ones. May we be blessed and that we also become blessings to others. I honor thee Father God.