Yes. I know I am kinder years ago as compared to now. It may be because of some frustrations I experienced as an adult that led me to being less kind. But I miss the kind me. I know it is still there, waiting to be unlocked again. The struggle is real though. But I still try by doing mostly these:
- Everyday, I remind myself to be kind. I remind myself that being kind to EVERYONE is better than being nasty.
- When I get frustrated, I excuse myself for a quick bio break. The walk to and from the restroom helps a bit in calming me down.
- When I know I would not be kind during a discussion or a meeting, especially the unscheduled ones, I request that we talk after 10 or 15 minutes. This gives me enough time to collect and remind myself to just keep calm.
- I ask God to intervene. Not ask actually. I plead Him to intervene.
- When my thoughts go towards the negative, I force myself to stop thinking negatively and again remind myself to be kind.
- I think of all my blessings and automatically, I feel grateful for everything, even the things that I know I don’t deserve but was still given to me.
It is hard to be kind. It is one of my daily battles. Or maybe it is actually easy. It is just hard to practice it all the time especially on unfavorable circumstances. But we must still always try to practice kindness.
Thoughts of doing online gigs have been swirling in my mind lately. I can’t help but imagine myself transitioning from a corporate adventurer to a work at home diva sometime in the future. To push things further, I just saw a blog sharing about a Work at Home (WAH) Expo 2015 happening this weekend haha.
And if ever I want to go that route, I think I need to somehow build an online presence. So, I have decided to make more effort in updating this blog at least once or twice a week hehe. It might be quite a challenge because most days are just work and home for me but let’s see. Maybe I would eventually be inspired to inject some other activities in between hehe. However, I would still like to keep it personal so that I won’t be pressured to write or share things that I’m not comfortable about sharing. Let’s see how far this goes. And since it is still a personal blog, it will contain different topics. I don’t think I am ready to shift to a niche blog just yet.
My brain is starting to freeze with all this researching and writing for our Sector study (a requirement in one of my classes), hence, this quick break to write about random things.
- I haven’t seen my favorite anonymous family during the mass this morning. I wonder if they changed schedule. I was used to seeing them and usually sit behind them in the morning mass. I just love seeing them especially the brother who is so caring to his siblings. Peg family.
- There is a 3-day sale going on in Megamall, so I was trying to stay as far away from it as possible. It’s not because I might impulsively shop again. I’ve had my fair share of being one but generally, I just shop when I need something. I just don’t like to be squeezed in between too many people. However, I need some groceries and I need a blazer for this Thursday’s group report. I don’t need it at work so I never bothered to buy one before. Anyway, I went straight to the mall right after mass and surprise! There were already a lot of people waiting for the department stores to open. Arrived there 10 minutes before opening so we had to wait for a few more minutes. Unfortunately for me, no blazer at 50% off but good enough that the one I bought has a 10% discount, and it’s made by one of my more favored brands.
- I have been searching for closed shoes for the office for more than 3 months now but I just can’t find anything that says “buy me! buy me!” My current pair is on the verge of retirement. The sole is already thin that sometimes I feel the pavement when walking hehe. Hopefully, before it totally gives way, I already have a new pair.
- From the news minutes ago, I have confirmed that some scenes of Forevermore, a new teleserye by ABS-CBN which will be aired soon, are shot in Baguio, specifically near our place. I had an inkling when I first saw the trailer, then a cousin posted her pictures with the cast staying in their lodge. Ok, I may watch that because I’m interested to see how our place looks like on TV haha!
- I want an Ipod just so I have something to listen to while on my way to work. Our team was transferred to another building, farther from where I leave. I just feel it’s a waste of time doing nothing while waiting for the trains or just seating in jeepneys weaving through the traffic. I’m thinking of making this a reward to myself IF I am able to do a challenge for 21 days hehe. PUSH.
- I should really start updating my resume. It’s been years since the last time I did it.
- I am having lots of pimples for the past weeks. I think it started since we transferred to another site. It’s a longer travel time hence, more pollution to catch. Bring us back to Manda please!
- Sometimes, I want to drop one of my subjects. Work has been more stressful lately and I’m having a hard time juggling. Funny thing was, another classmate is thinking of doing it too. But then, we all agreed that it’s really a waste of money and that we’ll still go through the same thing the next time we enroll in the class again, so better not prolong the agony and finish it now. Oh well.
And now, I need to go back to that paper while there’s still time left this Sunday.
Vice Ganda shared his realization recently. In their show It’s Showtime, they always encourage their audience to be happy and to stay positive. However, with the events in his personal life lately, he realized that it is ok to feel sad, that it is okay to cry and be angry. But after that moment, we should find the courage and the reason to be happy again.
So today, I’m allowing myself to feel disappointed and frustrated with how things are currently at work. Unfortunately, I’m not getting what I need, there is no direction for one of the projects, there are a lot of people to talk to but I feel that there is communication gap and that they don’t really make an effort to understand what I’m asking them. And then I’m just so demotivated to rectify these situations. Mostly, my reaction is to feel bad and frustrated instead of staying objective like what I usually do in the past. Hopefully though, this feeling will be over in the coming days.
Anything goes. Just randomly listing.
PMP time. We were given the option whether to use the tool or the Excel template. I opted to use the tool. So far, I did not have any problems on latency. Maybe because only a few are using it and majority is using the Excel template hehehe. I’m done with 2, 7 more to go.
My own PMP is long overdue. Sayang ang January increase huhu.
First time to do goal setting for the team. What’s a goal setting template?! This is so alien to me.
TAMS Upgrade Phase 1 deployment. Bakit ba napakailap mo sa amin? Hanggang deployment, pinapahirapan mo kami. Sana naman sa generation, hindi na.
Have been working since Jan. 1. Up to this day, only 2 work-free days so far.
My brother is leaving again on the 29th. Paano na ang project? Hmmm.
I need IDs (e.g. TIN, SSS, NBI). What’s the easiest to get?
So sleepy. Already headbanging. I’ll be very careful not to hit my laptop hehe.
Call time later – 1 PM…but we’re still here.
Lie low muna sa Outdoor. Schedule conflict.
New term. Che che – meaning kain. Not sure where it originated. I just learned that from Outdoor friends hehe.
Pack up, go home, hit the bed. Be back later.