2016 Week 17 Recap: Team Building
April 25-May 1, 2016
We had our team building last April 29-30 at Terrazas de Punta Fuego in Nasugbu, Batangas. I’m happy that my boss allowed us to just take Friday off, anyway, team building is still an office activity. We stayed at one of the private beach houses there.
What I liked about our accommodation:
- Spacious for 24 pax
- Super cold aircon in the bedroom. Hay, sarap lang magkulong sa kwarto lalo na if naiisip ko init sa Manila hahaha.
- It has its own pool so if you don’t want to stay at the beach kasi medyo may kalayuan, pwedeng tumambay dito lalo na sa gabi.
- The food…super sarap! And more than enough. I was second batch in all 3 meals pero ang dami pa ring tira. And complete with juice/coffeee and desert! Grabe. Busog lusog hehehe. Ang sarap nung cheesecake baked by one of the staff. We ordered the night before for take home the next day. Unfortunately, walang nabake na cheesecake. Super sulit sana non kasi Php20/piece lang pero ang sarap talaga. At sa food talaga pinaka marami kong nasabi hahaha.
- They have a terrace so syempre, automatic na don yung mga nagyoyosi hehe.
- Their living room is spacious. Sarap tumambay don.
- The house is surrounded by mountains so it’s still a little cooler given that it’s summer.
- The staff were all attentive of our needs. They even prepared a spot for us at the beach for our activities.
- With entertainment room and game room. Ang hindi ko lang masyadong gusto is that medyo malayo sa beach. Around 15 minutes walk daw papunta, pero pag pabalik, for sure mas matagal kasi puro paakyat yung road. Plus, it’s steep. But it’s not a problem if may sasakyan naman.
- I haven’t attended any team building in the past 5 years. Either I have other activities scheduled or ayaw ko lang hehehe. So I was pleasantly surprised when my presence was mentioned several times hahaha. And my boss really appreciates it daw. Hehe. Nagulat ako pero syempre secretly, natuwa rin ako.
It was pure fun and chill lang. No talks about work. We had one group dynamics and then the rest was free time. Some of us went swimming on Friday afternoon. I just stayed by the seashore and waited for sunset. I specifically requested that in case we still had group activities by the time it was sunset, we stop a while to watch it hehehe.Wala lang. Gustung-gusto ko lang talaga kasi manood ng sunrise at sunset. Nakakakalma ang ganda.
Swimming at the beach was only until 6 PM so we went back to the house after sunset and proceeded to the pool to keep cool while waiting for dinner. We had card games after dinner. May nagdala rin ng shot. May masipag nagtimpla ng punch. Two kinds of mixes – gin and juice and rum and juice. May tanggero na pagkabilis bilis magpa-ikot. Nagulat silang malamang umiinom daw ako at ang tibay ko raw hahaha. Well, I’m a social drinker. Di naman sugapa. At depende rin sa mood. At during that time, feel kong uminom. Plus, di naman ganon katapang so masarap.
May isa akong teammate sabi nya pangarap daw nya magmodel. Akala namin nagbibiro sya. Hindi daw. Pinagbigyan namin at instant photoshoot session sya. Nung una, tawanan pa kami. After a few minutes, kinarir na ng iba. May isa talagang binubuhat pa yung electric fan para lang may lipad hangin ang hair effect hehehe. Kaming 2 ng isa pang teammate ko, tawanan until matapos. Yun lang contribution namin hahahaha! It was all fun. Pero surrender na ako ng 2AM. The rest were still all wide awake. Not sure what time they all went to sleep. I allowed myself to just sleep longer. No pressure of going to the beach. Ayun, nagising kami 9AM na. Just enough time to have breakfast, wait for our turn in the shower and get ready for our trip back to Manila. Some still went to the beach for another dip. Ako, pass na. Nagkulong ako sa room dahil sa aircon. Ma-mimiss ko kasi sya.
Some wanted to pass by Tagaytay for lunch. Pero the one with car needed to go back to Manila for another event. Nakipagswap na lang ako since parang nasad yung isang batang teammate na di sya makakasama dahil sa car assignment hehehe. Anyway, Tagaytay is my home away from Baguio home kasi taga don hipag ko and I can just go there anytime. Plus, I wanted to go back to Manila earlier because I wanted to meet up with another friend.
And meet up with the friend I did. I just went home to leave my things and went straight to Megamall hehehe. Ang balak ko sana was manood ng Just the 3 of Us ni JLC and Jennylyn Mercado kaso nareschedule pala ang opening! We think it was because of Captain America kasi puro yun ang palabas hehehe.Anyway, we just roamed around for a while then transferred to Shang to have dinner at Rustan’s. Don kami medyo tumambay para magkwentuhan.
On Sunday, I met up with another friend and went to our friend’s dad’s wake. Unfortunately, our friend just left when we arrived at the wake. Her mom said she went home to rest for a little bit. We stayed for around one hour to try and wait for her pero mukhang nakatulog na so hinayaan na lang namin. The mom entertained us. Hay. Nakakalungkot kasi pinatay sya :(. What a waste of life if it’s not natural death. Rest in peace na lang po, tito.
Anyway, we went to Starbucks para magpagpag at para makapagkwentuhan na rin since matagal din kaming di nagkita hehehe. We called it a night by 9PM because both of us wanted to rest as early as we can.
Speaking of patay, may namatay din daw na kabarangay namin sa Baguio. Younger than me. Looks like he died in his sleep. At kakastalk ko sa FB, kakakasal lang nya last April :(. Hay. And for some reason, natatakot ako hahaha. As in di ko mapatay ilaw ko sa gabi. I planned to go home early last Friday because I was not able to buy tickets but I changed my mind. Ayaw ko kasing dumating sa amin ng gabi. Madadaanan ko kasi yung bahay nila pero malalagpasan naman ng taxi. Pero basta, ewan kung bakit. For sure nalibing naman na yun kasi bata pa per weired talaga. Maybe because it brings back memories to when we lost our parents. Anyway, may he rest in peace din.
P.S. Super late post na nito hehehe. Ngayon lang sinipag magtype.