I have 2 challenges for myself this month.
- NO pork for the whole month. Only chicken, beef or fish. Given this, I need more options for food as the office cafeteria may not always serve chicken or beef or fish.
- NO clothes shopping. This one, I am thinking until end of this year unless there is an item I need that’s not in my possession right now. I want to save my shopping budget so that I can go on a shopping spree maybe next year hahahaha.
It’s just the 4th of the month so let’s see how things will work out.
Update (September 3, 2017):
Success! I was able to say NO to pork and clothes shopping last month yehey! Continuing on to this month. One month at a time hehehe.
While I did not do well with my goals for the past 2 months, I’m still not giving up.
For March 2016:
- 10,000 steps a day or a total of 310,000 steps for the month
- Kick off C25K training
- Cut-off cable subscription by making daily follow ups with Sky Cable
- Complete The Project Management: The Basics for Success course at Coursera.org and pass the weekly exams
- Change blog theme
- Visit Pinto Art Museum
- Finalize insurance update details
- Fix UP AWOL status
Will update by end of the month.
Update on my goals for February 2016:
- 10,000 steps a day or a total of 290,000 steps for the month – FAILED
- Kick off C25K training – FAILED
- Cut-off cable subscription. I seldom watch TV nowadays, plus I bought a TV Plus from a colleague last year and a DVD player, so that should be enough. – QUITE (Just because no one has replied yet to my email, and no one has been answering their hotline for ALL the times I contacted them. Today, I tried their Contact Us page in their website but it’s returning an error that’s not user friendly….hay naku! I also tweeted them. Hopefully, they will reply.)
- Read one non-romance book – FAILED (I was into reading personal finance and Frugality blogs for the past months)
- Complete The Project Management: The Basics for Success course at Coursera.org and pass the weekly exams – FAILED (and I suck.)
- Meet with insurance agent to process update of insurance details – QUITE (Since I’m still not decided whether I will have it fully paid up or not…but I will meet with her next week and hopefully, I’ll have a decision by then.)
- Plant pechay – SUCCESS (with the planting…growing it is another story…)
- Get back to the daily bible readings – QUITE (Started it but skipped some days. Doing better this month.)
I am not quite pleased with the results. Need to have a reality check with myself.